[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 981: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4187: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4189: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4190: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4191: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Gary Slusser's Forums • View topic - Programming the Clack WS1-48K (WS 1 EE)

Programming the Clack WS1-48K (WS 1 EE)

Q and A

Programming the Clack WS1-48K (WS 1 EE)

Postby willow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:02 pm

I will preface my question by saying that I wish I had found Gary's site before I ordered my softener from another dealer who also has 'Quality Water .........' in it's company name.

Installation went OK. Programmed by:
1. Pressed Next and Down-Arrow and set for 'softening'
2. Length of backwash - 10 min
3. Length of regen draw - 60 min
4. Length of second backwash - 6 min
5. Length of rinse - 10 min
6. Brine fill refill time - 14 min (for 48,000 grain system)

Pressed Next and Up-Arrow to go into 'installer display:
1. Set capacity to regeneration at 1450 gal (2 people, 75gpd, 30 grain)
2. Set day override to 14
3. Set regen hour to 2:00AM
4. Set clock

Here's my question: the instructions provided with the Clack Valve, page 9, says the volume remaining (to regen) display can be viewed by simply pressing the Next button. But when I press the Next button it displays the 1450 gal number I set and does not show any water usage. Also shows 0 water flow when in that mode with water being used. My guess is that I did not finish programming the unit. Appreciate you comment - and Thanks!
willow

Re: Programming the Clack WS1-48K (WS 1 EE)

Postby Gary Slusser » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 pm

willow wrote:I will preface my question by saying that I wish I had found Gary's site before I ordered my softener from another dealer who also has 'Quality Water .........' in it's company name.

Installation went OK. Programmed by:
1. Pressed Next and Down-Arrow and set for 'softening'
2. Length of backwash - 10 min
3. Length of regen draw - 60 min
4. Length of second backwash - 6 min
5. Length of rinse - 10 min
6. Brine fill refill time - 14 min (for 48,000 grain system)

Pressed Next and Up-Arrow to go into 'installer display:
1. Set capacity to regeneration at 1450 gal (2 people, 75gpd, 30 grain)
2. Set day override to 14
3. Set regen hour to 2:00AM
4. Set clock

Here's my question: the instructions provided with the Clack Valve, page 9, says the volume remaining (to regen) display can be viewed by simply pressing the Next button. But when I press the Next button it displays the 1450 gal number I set and does not show any water usage. Also shows 0 water flow when in that mode with water being used. My guess is that I did not finish programming the unit. Appreciate you comment - and Thanks!

You shouldn't have bought the EE version, they are hard to program unless you know what all the settings should be. I refuse to sell the EE because of that and it isn't as good as the version I sell.

You have a meter problem and need to get it counting down the gallons used but, you are not programmed anywhere near right for any decent salt and water efficiency.

And I don't know if your peak demand flow rate will exceed the constant SFR of a 1.5 cuft softener or not. I can't tell you what to program it to without donating a lot of time that I don't have to spend for nothing when you heard about the Clack WS-1 from me and then bought from someone else unless you want to pay me for my time and knowledge.
Gary Slusser
To correctly size a softener Click Here
Gary Slusser
Site Admin

Return to Questions & Answers