Programming the Clack WS1-48K (WS 1 EE)

Q and A

Programming the Clack WS1-48K (WS 1 EE)

Postby willow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:02 pm

I will preface my question by saying that I wish I had found Gary's site before I ordered my softener from another dealer who also has 'Quality Water .........' in it's company name.

Installation went OK. Programmed by:
1. Pressed Next and Down-Arrow and set for 'softening'
2. Length of backwash - 10 min
3. Length of regen draw - 60 min
4. Length of second backwash - 6 min
5. Length of rinse - 10 min
6. Brine fill refill time - 14 min (for 48,000 grain system)

Pressed Next and Up-Arrow to go into 'installer display:
1. Set capacity to regeneration at 1450 gal (2 people, 75gpd, 30 grain)
2. Set day override to 14
3. Set regen hour to 2:00AM
4. Set clock

Here's my question: the instructions provided with the Clack Valve, page 9, says the volume remaining (to regen) display can be viewed by simply pressing the Next button. But when I press the Next button it displays the 1450 gal number I set and does not show any water usage. Also shows 0 water flow when in that mode with water being used. My guess is that I did not finish programming the unit. Appreciate you comment - and Thanks!
willow

Re: Programming the Clack WS1-48K (WS 1 EE)

Postby Gary Slusser » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 pm

willow wrote:I will preface my question by saying that I wish I had found Gary's site before I ordered my softener from another dealer who also has 'Quality Water .........' in it's company name.

Installation went OK. Programmed by:
1. Pressed Next and Down-Arrow and set for 'softening'
2. Length of backwash - 10 min
3. Length of regen draw - 60 min
4. Length of second backwash - 6 min
5. Length of rinse - 10 min
6. Brine fill refill time - 14 min (for 48,000 grain system)

Pressed Next and Up-Arrow to go into 'installer display:
1. Set capacity to regeneration at 1450 gal (2 people, 75gpd, 30 grain)
2. Set day override to 14
3. Set regen hour to 2:00AM
4. Set clock

Here's my question: the instructions provided with the Clack Valve, page 9, says the volume remaining (to regen) display can be viewed by simply pressing the Next button. But when I press the Next button it displays the 1450 gal number I set and does not show any water usage. Also shows 0 water flow when in that mode with water being used. My guess is that I did not finish programming the unit. Appreciate you comment - and Thanks!

You shouldn't have bought the EE version, they are hard to program unless you know what all the settings should be. I refuse to sell the EE because of that and it isn't as good as the version I sell.

You have a meter problem and need to get it counting down the gallons used but, you are not programmed anywhere near right for any decent salt and water efficiency.

And I don't know if your peak demand flow rate will exceed the constant SFR of a 1.5 cuft softener or not. I can't tell you what to program it to without donating a lot of time that I don't have to spend for nothing when you heard about the Clack WS-1 from me and then bought from someone else unless you want to pay me for my time and knowledge.
Gary Slusser
To correctly size a softener Click Here
Gary Slusser
Site Admin

Return to Questions & Answers